A Paleo diet food list lifestyle is also known as a caveman lifestyle or paleolithic lifestyle. Basically, it is about natural foods, which help you achieve great health and a good physique. According to experts, our body evolved for over 2 million years. In ancient times, it only depended upon natural foods, which were found in nature, like fish, vegetables, meat, wild fruits, nuts and eggs. This diet was high in animal fat and low in carbohydrates.
As a result, it was the best for the human body. However, things changed when unnatural foods were introduced to our bodies. It is still important to focus on a healthy Paleo diet food list. Contrary to popular belief, the Paleo lifestyle does not focus on a particular Paleo diet food list. In fact, it aims to bring a major change in your lifestyle, and provide you with catalysts to improve your health. In this post, we have discussed how Paleo diet works and improves your health.
How Does A Paleo Diet Work?
In order to understand how a Paleo diet works, you need to understand how different foods affect your health. A Paleo diet focuses on eliminating all those foods from your diet that can be toxic. While adopting a Paleo lifestyle, you have to go through three different stages. The first one is of course, eliminating toxic food. The next stage is to add healthy foods to your diet. Finally, the last stage aims to boost your body’s immune system and get you in good shape. Let us tell you about these three stages in detail with Paleo diet food lists.
Avoiding Toxic Foods for your paleo diet meal list – As mentioned earlier, in order to be healthy, you need to remove toxic foods from your diet. On a daily basis, we eat a lot of foods which are not needed by our body. In fact, most of these foods have adverse affects on our health. Some of these include :
● Excess Sugar – Candies, Sodas, Fruit juices and Sodas. However, you can consume sugar from some natural fruits and juices.
● Grains – Wheat, Barley, Brown Rice, Rye and Oats.
● Vegetable Oils – Peanut Oil, Soybean Oil, Canola Oil and Corn Oil.
● Legumes – Peanuts, Soy beans, Kidney beans and Chickpeas.
● Dairy products which are high in lactose and casein, but low in healthy fat.
Adding Nutrient-rich Foods – There are many different vegetables, which can be good for your health. You should also add other nutrient-rich foods to your diet including starchy vegetables, roots, poultry, meat, seafood, fish, eggs, healthy fats and fruits. Seeds and nuts in the right proportion are good too.
Your focus should be on eating many different foods which are high in minerals and vitamins.
Simple Paleo Diet Grocery List :
● Leafy Green Vegetables – Kale, Arugula, Spinach and Swiss Chard.
● Meat from Grass-fed animals – Bison, Beef and Lamb.
● Organ Meats – Kidney, Liver, Heart, Bone Marrow and Brain.
● Seafood – Mussels, Oysters, Sardines and Wild Salmon.
● Bone Broth
● Egg Yolks
● Fermented Foods
Boosting your Immune System – The main aim of a Paleo lifestyle is to achieve good health by boosting your immune system. You will be able to live a healthier life with a body that is resilient to infections. Once your diet is low in toxic foods and rich in nutritious foods, there is a need to keep some things in mind.
● Frequent exposure to sunlight is important. If this is not possible, Paleo supplements for Vitamin D can be good.
● You should reduce stress and try to manage your problems in life.
● Healthy sleeping habits are very important.
● Regular and healthy exercise is also very important.
Hence, a Paleo lifestyle focuses on three basic elements to boost your immune system. These include stress management, sleep and exercise. Of course, diet also plays a very important role to achieve optimal health.
Do Paleo Supplements Work?
As mentioned earlier, Paleo supplements only act as catalysts with a Paleo diet. In case you are unable to follow all guidelines, Paleo supplements can be a good option. However, it is important to understand that supplements should be completely natural, and not chemically processed. In order to buy an authentic supplement, you need to find a good dealer. Therefore, an extensive research is necessary. Buying Paleo supplements on the Internet will be your best choice in conjunction with your paleo diet food list.